Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Big Erection Party

Happy New Year Everyone!

In my haste to get the last post out regarding our new "home", I did not take the time to thank all of the people who helped de-construct the Sailing Shed at my house and re-construct it at our home beside Rickey's Flamingo Bar. The move could not have gone more smoothly; no one got hurt, the shed came apart in sections just like I designed it to and more importantly it went back together in sections like clockwork with alot of helping hands. Hell, the door even closed smoothly after re-construction! Amazing!

So a big Thank you to:

Alex Coronado-Guzman who begged a truck and trailer from Stan Hartling for the big move and helped load and unload the shed

Peter Staples, my father who landed late Saturday for a two week vacation and got roped into the move
Simon Wood, on island by himself and graciously chipping in by showing up at my place at 8:30 am
David Douglas who came down island to my place before he had to do a full day on Atabeyra
Trem Quinlan who made cappucino's and coffee for the crew

Anna Staples, my mother, who was likely wondering why she had to get up at 7am on her first day of her Christmas holiday and who took the pictures of us loading up
Paul Fletcher who met us up at Ocean Club for the re-build and jumped right in
Julian Petrucci, our newest member to be who also showed up to help with the build and to meet some fellow sailing enthusiasts

Jeff Lee for moral support and his superior supervisory skills
Nelson Nakao who climbed like a monkey on to the roof of the shed for the finishing touches, man, he's quick with a hammer too!


I hope I got everyone!

So, within the span of 2 or 3 hours and a bucket of sweat, we managed to bid adieu to our little box on the beach that I built 3 years earlier out of surplus plywood used to board up our condos at the golf course during Hurricane Francis (or was that Jean). Paul and Nelson said a few words during the last opening of the box...
From this:
to this:
I'm very sorry we did not get a group photo in front of our new home. The pic above was just after the last few remnants of the box had been loaded into the back of Simon's truck (thanks again Simon) and everyone had moved on to enjoy their Sunday.

However, here is a group pic of our race day down to the Conch Festival in November, yet another long over due Blog posting but I'll save that for another day...

No comments: